Friday, February 23, 2007

Carolinian Times

I don't know much of the title of this blog. Seems like a newspaper name, but not sure. Anyways, I'm playing a handful of times this weekend throughout the Carolinas. Thanks to all the people who came out to the Charlotte show. Three things happened the day of the Charlotte show that were disheartening to say the least: 1) I was pulled over by a policeman for "following too closely"...he asked me to step out of the car....he asked me if I had a slew of drugs on me...to which i cordially responded no...then he aksed me if I had over $10,000 US currency in my vehicle...I said that I wish I did...he kind of laughed and then got serious again really fast...and the words that followed as the bookend to our bizarre dialogue were astonishing. He grilled me on the whole weapons front..ie...any firearms, etc....then he asked me if I had a SWORD. Again, I laughed. This man was inadvertently putting me in extremely high spirits. Ryan and I then felt a rhythm. We saw a bunch of other black people pulled over, and we concluded that they were looking for the real life version of Blade's Wesley Snipes. I can only guess that they need his specialty skills in terms of dealing with vampire carolinians. 2) I broke a string on the first song of my set the other night: Blame it On January. I feel cool sometimes when I play that song....probably more so than the majority of the other ones. Therefore, I the embarassment was maximized. Then I changed the string and broke it again when I was trying to tune it. I feel like I'm always having to play off technical difficulties...then I turn into some sort of circus clown trying to maintain until everything gets under control. 3) Someone told me my yellow argile sweater was "awful"....I didn't care too much, I knew it was a risk...but awful? How so? How sure can you be that somethng is truely awful? Mad respect to the fashion poilce in full effect.
If you're from Atlanta, and you're reading this, I'm playing Monday night supporting Ryan Horne and Jon Black...at the Red Light Cafe.. 7:00...$5...I'm performing all new material with a sensible band, and it's going to slam. Please, do come.
MD

2 comments:

beautifulfoolishness said...

Let's be honest, Micah. You do appear to be the sword-bearing type. You also have the look of someone having cat-like reflexes who would accrue large amounts of cash and stash it in your car and then track down the angry vampires (I don't know why they're angry...) and kill them off for the safety of the common folk. And all this in a yellow argile sweater...Basically, Micah Dalton, you're my hero.

Casey G.

Christina Raye said...

Don't feel too bad Micah, I used to get pulled over all the time in my old car for the reasons like seat bealt check or cerfew check... I later realized that it was because I look funny driving a Carpice... I happened so much in this one place that I would drive 10 mins. out of my way.